Thank you, Sheila, at The Family Kalamazoo, (http://thefamilykalamazoo.wordpress.com ) for nominating me as a member of The WordPress Family. Sheila writes this blog which is a genealogical site devoted to the history of the DeKorn and Zuidweg families of Kalamazoo and the Mulder family of Caledonia. Her family is descended from French Huguenots, just as mine is, and I find the history fascinating. Make sure you check it out.
The following is an explanation of the award from Shaun who started the award – I just don’t know when. The rules are simple.
This is an award for everyone who is part of the “Word Press Family” I started this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honor to start this award. (from Shaun @ http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com)
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your Word Press experience and family
4. Let your 10 Family members know you have awarded them
5. That’s it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, inspired you or made a difference and spread the love
I would like to highlight the following bloggers (in no particular order) for membership in The Word Press Family. They inspire me, encourage me, intrigue me and help me grow as a blogger sharing my family story.
2) Martha at http://homethoughtsfromabroad626.wordpress.com
4) 09history at http://addyourpieceofhistory.wordpress.com
5) WARTURDADAM77P at http://itinerantneerdowell.wordpress.com
6) Jim at http://authorjim.wordpress.com/
7) Aisling at http://letitcomefromyourheart.wordpress.com
8) Laura at http://memoriesinthewind.wordpress.com
9) Old Mainer at http://oldmainer.wordpress.com
10) Gallivanta at http://silkannthreades.wordpress.com
A special “Thank You” to each of you.