Here is the list of the Peabodys, in birth order. It might help as Ced mentions various members of the family that he meets.
- Putnam Burton, b. 28 July 1856, Alden, Wisc.
- Sarah Ester, b. 4 April 1858
- Helen Sophia, b. 17 Nov 1859
- Kemper, b. 2 Aug, 1861, Sheboygan, Wisc., m. Anna Charlotta Westlin (Grandma Peabody) (Father of Arla Mary Peabody, who married Alfred D Guion, Grandpa to me)
- Lloyd, b. 31 Aug 1863, Alden, Wisc
- Mary Brown, b. Sept, 1865
- Ellen Marion, b. 6 April 1867
- Eunice Diantha, b. 15 Nov. 1868
- Douglas, b. 12 Sept. 1871
- Francis Cornet, b. 3 July 1873. Norman Rex, b. 29 June 1877
- Norman Rex, b. 29 June 1877
- Margaret Smith Osborne, b. 3 Sept. 1879; d. 7 April 1880
- Kenneth Foster, b. 17 Nov. 1881
1736 Laurel Avenue
I am fine as usual and hope the same for you and the kidlet’s. Last Sunday Muriel was baptized. Uncle Frank and Aunt Mary came up to get Barbara and brought Uncle Lloyd along. John Dale came with his family and Francis and Mercedes came over from Uncle Douglas’s. Uncle Burton presided and Barbara acted as sponsor. When the St. Paulites came back they brought Francis and me along. Monday night we went out to Robert’s house and saw his wife and little boy. Tuesday we went and had dinner with Uncle Lloyd, Aunt Mary (his wife) and Evelyn. Yesterday (Wednesday) we went down the Mississippi on a rear wheeler River steamboat to Hastings and down through a lock (The whole trip lasted seven hours.) As we came into St. Paul dock coming home, the piano player from the dance orchestra played a regular calliope on the pilothouse roof. It made a lovely trip, if I may call it that. Don’t know what we will do today but there is a boy next door to Uncle Frank’s with a 1927 Harley-Davidson and I have already made his acquaintance.
Lots of luck and love to all.
Tomorrow, we travel back in time to 1941. Lad is working in Venezuela for the Socony-Vacuum Oil Company (now part of Mobil) as their top mechanic. Dan and Ced have been in Alaska for about a year, Dick joined them a few months ago when he delivered a car from Trumbull. Elizabeth and her husband, Zeke, live not too far away with their two sons, Raymond, Jr. (known as Butch) and Martin. Dave is still living in Trumbull with Grandpa.