Last June I read about a Challenge, 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks, and I was intrigued. I decided to take up the challenge. Some Ancestors may take more than one week, but I still intend to write about 52 Ancestors. I hope you enjoy reading about My Ancestors as much as I am looking forward to researching and writing about them.
(1) Edith May (Lewis) Rider; (2) Marian Edith (Rider) Irwin; (3) Marian Dunlap (Irwin) Guion; (4) Judith Anne Guion
Homer Marchant Rider married Edith May Lewis on 29 July 1885 at Rider’s Ranch (near Coralitas, CA)
Their children were as follows:
- Homer Allen Rider, ,b. 8 Aug 1887 at the Rider Ranch
- Marian Edith Rider, b. 15 Oct 1888 at Santa Cruz
- Louise Rider, b. 12 Sept 1890 at Westport, CA
- Child died at birth
- Delo Margaret Rider, b. 7 Dec 1898 at Watsonville, CA
- Donald Lewis Rider, b. 16 Aug 1901
Marian Edith Rider was born 15 Oct 1888 at Santa Cruz, CA
She married Mowry Addison Irwin on 28 July 1914 in Watsonville, CA
Mowry Addison Irwin was born in Erie, PA on 16 Oct 1888
Mowry Addison Irwin, Marian Edith (Rider) Irwin, Marian Dunlap (Irwin) Guion and Alfred Peabody Guion
They had the following children:
Marian Dunlap Irwin and Homer Addison Irwin about 1920
1. Marian Dunlap Irwin, born 11 Nov 1915 in Sacramento, CA
2. Homer Addison Irwin, born 24 April 1917 in Marysville, CA
3. Margaret Edith Irwin, born 28 May 1920 in Oakland, CA
4. Donald Mowry Irwin, born 3 July 1925 in Albuquerque,NM
Mowry Addison Irwin passed away on 10 May 1947. He was a resident of Berkeley for 10 years. Mr. Irwin and his family had moved to Orinda in 1940. He was President last year and a Director this year of the Orinda Association and was instrumental in helping to start the Orinda News, a community newspaper. He was employed for the past 15 years by the Westinghouse Wholesale Sales Co.
Marian Edith (Rider) Irwin passed away 8 June 1958.
Next Sunday I will be posting more information about Marian Dunlap (Irwin) Guion, my Mother.
Tomorrow I will be posting a week of the memories of Grandpa and Grandma Guion’s children during their time in Trumbull.